We Pray! We Learn! We Achieve!
St. Patrick School is open to all families who are looking for a faith-based education for their children. For more information about our top-rated preschool through 12th grade academic, athletic, and extra-curricular programs, please visit the Prospective Families page, contact the school office at 517-647-7551 or e-mail Mr. Randy Hodge.
Today we pray that we will all have a restful and safe summer break.
St. Patrick School 2017 Summer Office Hours
Thursday, June 22: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Thursdays, July 13, 20 & 27: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday, August 1-3: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday, August 7-11: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
August 14-22: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
School starts with full day on Wednesday, August 23
(7/24) Cross Country Info
There will be an informational meeting for the parents of cross country runners on Tuesday, August 1st at 6:00 pm in Mr. Russman's room #216.
(7/22) Parish Mission---5 Days of Faith Enrichment
Dear School Families and Supporters,
I am excited to announce an extraordinary event coming to our parish: “Pray, Hope and Don’t Worry: 5 Days of Faith Enrichment”.
From Thursday, August 10th through Saturday, August 12th, St. Patrick will host relics of St. Padre Pio. Catholics from all over the Dioceses of Grand Rapids and Lansing will join us to experience the rare chance to venerate the personal chalice and glove of one of the most popular and beloved modern saints. I can’t emphasize enough what an honor this is for our parish. We are one of only 13 cities in the United States that will have the chance to reverence the relic of the glove, and the only one I know of to unite the chalice and glove together!
I would love to see all our school families share in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Thursday there will be a Rosary and public veneration of the chalice of St Padre Pio, with the Knights of Columbus, from 7-9pm in the church (glove will not be present).
- On Friday, there will be confessions and veneration of the chalice and glove from 5:30pm to 6:45pm, followed by Mass with the relics at 7pm. Fr. Joseph Tuscan, OFM Cap., will celebrate Mass and offer a reflection. Fr. Tuscan serves as Minister of the Word and Evangelization for his Capuchin Province and offers retreats for parishes.
- Saturday there is a regularly scheduled 4:30pm Mass, followed by a talk by Cindy Russo at 6pm and healing prayer service with the relics at 7pm. Cindy is the Group Leader of the Padre Pio Prayer Group of Cleveland, and Custodian of the Chalice. She will share the history of the chalice and inspiring stories of those whose devotion has been strengthened by this relic. I expect a great crowd of visitors for this historic “visit” from St. Padre Pio. After these special days, our own parish will continue to grow in faith as we celebrate Mass with renewed enthusiasm on Sunday.
- Monday evening we will close this parish mission by welcoming Sr. M. Evangeline, SSFPA, and daughter of our own George and Linda Rutherford, to speak about her faith journey to religious life. Sr. M. Evangeline will speak in the hall at 6:30pm.
For more information see the parish website, Facebook page, bulletin, or call me at: 517-647-6505 ext. 418.
In His Peace,
Carolyn Kwiecinski, Pastoral Associate
St. Patrick Catholic Church
(7/18) Cross Country information
There will be a voluntary Cross Country weight lifting meeting Tuesday , 7/25/17. We are going to attempt a new program using kettlebell’s. This program will keep lifting simple and specific to running. We will meet at the Church Street gym entrance at 4:30 pm, this should last approx. 45 min.
(7/16)TK III 2017 Golf Outing
The annual TKIII 4-person scramble golf outing will be taking place Saturday, August 12th. Noon shotgun start at Willow Wood Golf Club, 12227 Sandborn Road. The event provides 18 holes of golf, hog roast, cash & door prizes.
TO ENTER: Fill out this form and send it to Pat Russman.
TO SPONSOR: Your family and/or business can sponsor a hole during the event! Fill out this form and send it to Patrick Russman.
This event honors former St. Patrick student, Tony Kolarik III and supports the Shamrock football program. Thanks for your support!
(6/28) Website information
During the summer months we'll be updating the school website with information for the new school year. The website will not be down during this time, but be sure to check back often, as the information will be changing.
Also, let us know if you are having/have had any problems accessing the website recently.
Be sure to tell us:
- If you are on a computer, phone, or tablet.
- Which browser are you using (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- And, finally, how is your school website experience? Do you easily find the information you're looking for? Is there something more that you would like to see on the website?