Lots on schedule for end of yearApril 24, 2019
It’s hard to believe that on Friday, March 29, we reached the conclusion of the third marking period of the 2018-19 school year and spring break is already behind us. Looking ahead, it will be a very busy time for St. Patrick School students and their families. There is a plethora of activities scheduled between […]
It’s hard to believe that on Friday, March 29, we reached the conclusion of the third marking period of the 2018-19 school year and spring break is already behind us. Looking ahead, it will be a very busy time for St. Patrick School students and their families. There is a plethora of activities scheduled between now and the rest of the school year and we want to take time to share some of them with you. We would love to have you join us when possible!
- April 27: We host our annual Shamrock Auction fundraiser at the Knights of Columbus Hall. The doors open at 6 p.m. The silent auction runs from 6-9:30 p.m. and the live auction runs from 8-11 p.m. Money raised at this event is split between the school’s general fund and the athletic budget.
- April 27: The junior and senior prom will take place at Watermark Country Club in Grand Rapids.
- April 30: Senior awards banquet – The junior class will host our annual senior awards banquet which honors this year’s graduating class.
- May 11: The St. Patrick School play will be performed on this day at 6:00 p.m. in the school gymnasium.
- May 14: H.I.T. awards ceremony – Our 14 Heartlands Institute of Technology students will be acknowledged at their annual awards banquet.
- May 15: Seniors’ last Mass – The seniors will lead Mass for the final time at our 9:30 a.m. school Mass in the church. Please mark your calendar to join us!
- May 16: This will be the official last day of school for the Class of 2019.
- May 16: Grandparent’s Day – We will host our annual grandparent’s day beginning at 2:30 p.m. in the school gym. After hearing songs by our elementary students, grandparents will visit classrooms for a treat. The PTO bookfair and the St. Patrick School Art Show will also be open during Grandparent’s Day and the following day (5/17).
- May 18: The PTO will be sponsoring a Color Run on Saturday, May 18. The race will begin at the Red Mill at 9 a.m. Information will be posted on the school website and Facebook page for cost and registration.
- May 19: Graduation Mass and commencement – We will celebrate the successful school careers of our 26 seniors at a 2 p.m. graduation Mass with Bishop Walkowiak presiding. Commencement will follow in the school gymnasium.
- May 21: We will have our final school board meeting of the 2018-19 school year beginning with 6 p.m. Mass and moving to the Parish Hall following Mass.
- May 27: No School – Memorial Day.
- June 6: Last day of school – The 2018-19 school year will conclude as high school students wrap up exams and the elementary ends with a full day of school.
Wow! It will be an extremely busy end to the school year at St. Patrick School. Please consult our school calendar for these and any other activities that are taking place around St. Patrick Parish and School at www.portlandstpats.com. We look forward to having you join us!