St. Patrick School to Launch an Advancement and Development ProgramMay 29, 2019
St. Patrick School is in the planning stages of beginning an advancement and development program. Essentially, advancement and development are used synonymously. The idea is that we want to look at advancing and developing our school to be the best it possibly can be in all areas. Development is the meaningful involvement of people in […]
St. Patrick School is in the planning stages of beginning an advancement and development program. Essentially, advancement and development are used synonymously. The idea is that we want to look at advancing and developing our school to be the best it possibly can be in all areas. Development is the meaningful involvement of people in our mission and vision for the future.
While most people believe that advancement and development is basically fundraising, that is not the case. The program we are developing would cover the following areas:
- Enrollment Management
- Fund Development
- Constituent Records
- Fundraising Management
The school administrators will oversee the A & D program at St. Patrick School, along with a core team of individuals who will work with and be supported by the administration. We will be following a program developed by Mr. Frank Donaldson, working with the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA). This program follows The 7 I’s of the Catholic School Development Process:
- Identify: The people who are key to the A & D success;
- Inform: By reaching out to all publics (parents, alumni, past parents, parishioners, grandparents, businesses, the overall community, etc.);
- Invite: To have all groups mentioned above to take a closer look at you and you at them. This is usually done with face to face meetings but also through planning sessions, questionnaires and listening sessions;
- Involve: One of the goals is to meaningfully involve and engage people in the A & D process; such as through strategic planning, annual fund leadership, marketing, alumni association, parent ambassador team, business community council or through other areas;
- Implement: The plans, strategies and processes that are created will need to be implemented through the involvement of people;
- Invest: People will be invited to invest in the future of St. Patrick School;
- Improve: The development process must be set up so that it will be continuously enhanced through a Total Quality (continuous improvement) approach.
This process is not going to be completed in a short amount of time. The goal is to get our program started over the course of the summer and really begin ramping it up once the 2019-20 school year begins. As you can tell from the last “I”, this is not something that is done overnight. It is a constant cycle of planning, implementing and evaluating.
We are extremely excited about this new, exciting and dynamic process that will focus on engaging people and working together for the advancement and development of our Catholic School. If you are interested in in working with the school administration, along with the support of seasoned Advancement and Development ace Mr. Michael Wolfston, please contact Mr. Randy Hodge (email@example.com) or Mrs. Cortney Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email or by phone by calling the school office at (517)647-7551.