We Pray! We Learn! We Achieve!
St. Patrick School is open to all families who are looking for a faith-based education for their children. For more information about our top-rated preschool through 12th grade academic, athletic, and extra-curricular programs, please visit the Prospective Families page, contact the school office at 517-647-7551 or e-mail Mr. Randy Hodge.
(2/15) Second quarter report cards for students in grades DK-12 are now available on the Infinite Campus Portal.
(2/15) Happy birthday to Emma Weller, Jorja McCall, Erica Russman and Maddie LeBlanc over this week’s snow days, to Hailee Lay today, and to Amy Shaw and Zach Boyd on Sunday.
(2/15) Good luck to the bowling team as they complete at P-W, and to the JV and varsity girls basketball teams as they host Bath today. Good luck also to the JV and varsity boys basketball teams as they play in Fowler tomorrow.
(2/15) The label contest has been extended through next Friday. Please
turn labels into your homeroom teacher. The winning classes will get an out of
dress code day, hot chocolate and brownies.
(2/15) There will be a varsity track and field meeting on Monday during lunch in Mr. Osbourne’s room.
(2/15) Remember that Monday is now a full day of school.
(2/15) Heartland’s students please be aware that Heartland’s is closed on Monday, you must stay at St. Pats through the end of 4th hour.
(2/14) Important School Announcements
1. Tomorrow, Friday, February 15, is no longer an early release day and will be a full day of school. This includes both AM and PM sessions for preschool.
2. If you had a parent/teacher conference scheduled, your child's teacher will be contacting you to reschedule your conference. If you were planning on attending conferences but did not have one scheduled, please contact your child's teacher(s) to schedule one at your convenience.
3. Elementary Valentine's Day parties will take place tomorrow. Elementary students may wear a school appropriate Valentine's Day top along with their school uniform pants. Preschool parties be Monday 2/18 and Tuesday 2/19.
4. The elementary bowling (grades K, 4 and 5) are on for tomorrow as scheduled.
5. If you are able, please keep the week of June 10th available for make up dates. Nothing has been scheduled as of this time but with this many snow days already happening and more winter yet to come, it is a very strong possibility our calendar will need to run into this week. If something is already scheduled, please keep in mind we will work with you to have a successful completion to the school year.
6. The third marking period was scheduled to end on 3/22/19. The last day of the third marking period will now be 03/29/19.
7. With the exception of the junior high girls basketball games which has been cancelled, all evening activities will take place as scheduled at this time.
Please continue to keep those affected by the flooding here in Portland in your prayers. Thank you again for your patience as we have now reached a record 15 snow days, which tops the 14 we had in 2013-14 school year.
(2/13) St. Patrick School will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, February 14, due to icy and drifted roads.
(2/13) Johnny Macs is Coming Back!
Due to the popularity of the online store that was offered before Christmas, Johnny Macs is coming back soon. Watch the website, the Facebook page, and the school newsletter for specific info. New items will be available.
(2/11) The label contest has been extended through this Friday.
Please turn labels into your homeroom teacher. The winning classes will get an out of dress code day, hot chocolate and brownies.
(2/11) There will be a varsity track and field meeting Thursday during lunch in Mr. Osbourne’s room.
(2/11) Attention all Middle and High School students:
Art Club is starting up again. If you are interested in joining, please see Mrs. Gorzen for details. Permission slips are due tomorrow!
(2/11) School Board openings
Would you like to put your talents to work for St. Patrick School? The school board is looking for nominees to help fill next year’s board. We have openings for many of our subcommittees: development and admissions, finance, mission effectiveness, public relations/marketing, and strategic planning/policy.
Meetings are held on a bi-monthly basis and last about two hours. Committee work is done independently of board meetings and varies in time commitment. The board consists of members from the parish at large including school parents, parishioners, alumni, and community members. Please fill out this form to nominate yourself or someone you know: http://bit.ly/SPSschoolboardnomination. Questions may be directed to Annalise Laumeyer, board chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be accepted until March 15
(2/5) Congratulations to the Stewardship Contest Winners from St. Patrick School!
The middle school winners are: 1st Place Cozette Brown, 2nd Place Alexandria Bennett and Emma Honsowitz, 3rd Place Arianna FoxElster and Emily Snitgen, and honorable mention to Hayley Fleischer. The elementary school winners are: 1st Place Braden Bozung and Logan Kreiger, 3rd Place Aiden Mosser and Gavin Groothuis, honorable mention to Charlie Thelen and Auggie Teachworth, and another honorable mention to Laynie Sherwood and Mattie Honsowitz.
(2/4) Cancelled - FAFSA Information Night
All events hosted here at St. Patrick School have been rescheduled and consolidated into three days next week. The Mass at the diocese for those attending will not be rescheduled. Those students who were attending will be put on the list to attend next school year. Please note that if there is school on Friday, February 1, it will be a jean and spirit wear day.
(1/30) St. Patrick Students Participate in the March for Life
Families wishing to apply for scholarships for the 2019-20 school year will need to complete the Smart Aid application. Applications and complete instructions are available here.