- Additional announcements can be found on our Facebook page
- Morning prayers: 7:30-7:35 am & 8:45-8:50 am. Please do not phone the school office during these times.
- Hot Lunch Menu October
Saturday at the Greater Lansing Cross Country Championship at a wet and muddy course, Veronica White set a new PR (personal record) lowering her time by 52 seconds.
The day was cool and very windy, but at least it wasn’t raining! It was the perfect day for hundreds of people to attend the 2019 Fall Festival and contribute to its success.
Thank you to:
- Jill Scheurer, General Chairperson
- All of the chairs of the other areas of the Fall Festival
- The parents and other adults who worked or furnished breads/desserts/cookies
- The students who signed up to work in the cafeteria, at Kidfest or anywhere else
- The athletes who brought cookies for the Cookie Booth
- The Arts & Crafts vendors who brought their amazing array of goods to our show
- The PTO who handled Kidfest again this year
- Everyone who attended the event…to eat, to buy raffle tickets, to shop at the Arts & Crafts show…or just to socialize
Be sure to mark your calendars for next year’s event, which will be held on October 14, 2020!
2019 RAFFLE WINNERS
The Grand Prize Winner in the Golden Raffle was Darryl Mitchell who won $1013.19.
Money Raffle Winners:
- $500 Deb Coyne
- $500 Matt Pline
- $500 Ruby King
- $100 Ed Theis
- $100 Nancy Arens
- $100 Al & Char Fedewa
- $100 Mike Wolfston
- $100 Brian Wohlscheid
- $100 Leslie Weller
- $100 Bruce Cook
St. Patrick Catholic School has an opening for a JV Boys Basketball Head Coach position for the 2019-20 School Year. This posting will be for 10 workdays. The posting period will be from Monday 10/07/19 to Friday 10/18/19.
The basketball season runs from November 18th , the first practice date to March 28th , the State Finals. The salary will not exceed $2,250.
Coaches are official representatives of St. Patrick School. It is their personal and professional obligation to have a thorough knowledge of St. Patrick School and Parish policies and procedures of the Athletic Department and enforce them. Athletic team coaches are directly responsible to the Athletic Director. In fulfilling their duties and responsibilities all coaches are expected to:
- Be a role model of the Catholic Faith. It is an expectation that you are a practicing Catholic, including attending weekly Mass. It is also an expectation that you encourage your players to do so as well.
- Assume complete responsibility for the conduct of your team.
- Establish training rules above and beyond the Athletic Department’s and ensure that these rules are fully explained to all athletes and signed by each athlete and their parents and returned. Copy of rules on file in the Athletic Director office.
- Weightlifting and conditioning in and out of season are expectations for all St. Patrick Athletes. As the Basketball Coach you will be expected to coordinate lifting and conditioning with the Athletic Director at St. Patrick School.
- Establish positive relationships with coaches, athletes, parents and community members.
- Supervise the use, issuance, return, cleaning, inventory and storage of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Submit equipment and supply requests to the Athletic Director.
- Make recommendations for use and improvements of school facilities.
- Attend MHSAA meetings and those called by the Athletic Director or Principal.
- Support and conform to the Athletic Department policies and decisions, both in fact and spirit.
- Conduct and explain try-outs, method of selection, cutting procedures, code of behavior and so on.
- Prepare and submit a schedule of scrimmages to the Athletic Director.
- Submit a team roster to the Athletic Director and update as necessary.
- Administer first aid as required and report written accident report forms to the school office by the next day.
- Report scores to the news media when required and to the Athletic Director by the next morning.
- Notify the Athletic Director of any cancelled games, scrimmages or practices and any unusual events or incidents.
- Schedule and conduct practices on a regular basis.
- Supervise the team members after practice/games until all have left the Locker-Room, picked up by parents or left the parking lot.
- Secure all offices, closets and building exits when leaving.
- Complete end of season reports.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner during all practices and games.
- Keep abreast of the latest development, changes and modifications in your sport.
- Submit official ratings to the MHSAA before April 1st .
- Promote and attend the Athletic Banquet. Speak about the positives and the Value of each student athlete at the Banquet.
Please send all applications and questions about the position to:
St. Patrick School AD.
Work Phone: 517-647-7551 Ext. 216
Senior Jeff Davlin was featured in an article in the High School Sports Scene recently.
PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POSITION: Art and Technology Teacher
LOCATION: St. Patrick Catholic School
Valid Michigan Art (LX, LQ or LZ) Teaching Certificate
2. Working knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
1. Endorsements/Certifications in other applicable areas
2. Knowledge of MTSS and PBIS to support student needs.
3. Experience in working with special needs students
4. Working knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Excellent organizational skills
7. Willingness to coach or serve as an advisor for extracurricular activities
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits per Master Agreement.
Letter of application, resume, and copies of credentials to:
Portland Middle School
745 Storz Ave.
Portland, MI 48875
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
Varsity XC Location Change @ Fish Creek Sportsman's Club CMAC Jamboree 3
Wednesday, October 16 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Fish Creek Sportsman's Club, e, 11620 County Line Rd, Hubbardston, MI 48845, USA
Varsity Volleyball @ New Lothrop INV. 9AM
Saturday, October 19 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
New Lothrop High School, 9285 Easton Rd, New Lothrop, MI 48460, USA
JV Volleyball @ Perry INV.
Saturday, October 19 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Perry High School, 2555 W Britton Rd, Perry, MI 48872, USA
Freshmen Volleyball @ Dansville INV
Saturday, October 19 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Dansville High School, 1264 E South St, Dansville, MI 48819, USA
Varsity Cross Country @ Class D State Championship
Saturday, October 19 11:45 am - 1:45 pm
Maple Creek Golf Club, 8400 S Genuine Rd, Shepherd, MI 48883, USA
Varsity Football @ Bellaire
Saturday, October 19 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Bellaire High School Bellaire Michigan
JH Volleyball vs. Fowler HOME
Monday, October 21 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
St. Patrick Gym
Varsity XC @ MHSAA Regional 33-4 @ Dewitt HS
Friday, October 25 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
DeWitt High School, 13601 Panther Dr, Dewitt, MI 48820, USA
Varsity Football vs. Burr Oak HOME
Friday, October 25 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Portland High School, 1100 Ionia Rd, Portland, MI 48875, USA
Varsity Volleyball CMAC Tournament @ Potterville
Saturday, October 26 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Potterville High School, 422 High St, Potterville, MI 48876, USA