Directions to St. Patrick School
From the east: Take I-96 to Portland. Take exit 77, turn right onto Grand River Avenue and follow it 1.5 miles to Church Street. Turn right onto Church Street, and then left into the school parking lot. The main entrance to the school is on the right.
From the west: Take I-96 to Portland. Take exit 73, turn left onto Portland Road and then right onto Grand River Avenue. Follow Grand River 2.5 miles to Church Street. Turn left onto Church Street, and then left into the school parking lot. The main entrance to the school is on the right.
If you need more specific directions to St. Patrick School, use Google Maps. Our street address is 122 West Street, Portland, MI 48875.
Please note, if you are coming here for an athletic contest:
- Varsity Football games are played at Portland High School, 1100 Ionia Road
- Varsity/JV Girls/Boys Basketball games are played at Portland Middle School, 745 Storz Street
- JV Football, Softball and Baseball games are played at Father Flohe Field, 765 Union Street, kitty corner from the school
- Golf matches are held at Portland Country Club, Divine Highway
- Track/CrossCountry meets are held at Portland High School, 1100 Ionia Road
- Unless noted on the schedule, all other games are played in our own facilities, 122 West Street. The gym entrance is located on Church Street, directly across the street from St. Patrick Parish Office.
- Students who must leave school early are to obtain a pass from the office prior to the start of school. Parents must provide written request, stating the reason for early dismissal before the office staff will issue a pass. Students who leave for an appointment and return before the end of the regular school day must report to the office upon return. Information regarding early departure and time of return will appear on the daily attendance log provided to teachers. When entering or leaving the building at other than regular times, students are to come to the office and sign in/out.
- We do encourage parents/guardians to arrange their vacations so they do not interfere with the regular school calendar.
- Absences will be considered unexcused if the guidelines are not followed, in which case the student will receive a zero for all work missed. Absences must be verified by 9:00 a.m. the next day or the absence may remain unexcused.
If your child’s after school transportation will be different from normal, send a note to the child’s teacher, if possible. For last minute changes, call the school office by 3:00 p.m.
Address: 122 West Street, Portland, MI 48875
Telephone: (517) 647-7551
Fax: (517) 647-4545
The main office is located in the corner of the school behind the gymnasium. Park on Church Street or in the parking lot adjacent to the school on Church Street.
- For general school-related questions, you may send an e-mail. We will do our best to answer your e-mails within 24 hours.
- For questions or comments for a specific teacher or staff member, go to the Staff Directory. It has names, telephone extensions and e-mail addresses for the staff at St. Patrick School.
- For questions or comments related to the website, or to submit information for the announcements, contact the webmaster.
School Closing Announcements
In the event of unscheduled school closings, announcements can be seen/heard on the following TV/radio stations:
- WZZM (Channel 13)
- WFMK (99.1 FM)
- WJIM (97.5 FM)
- WILX (Channel 10)
- WHZZ (101.7 FM)
- WLNS (Channel 6)
- WITL (100.7 FM)
- Fox 47 (Channel 47)
- Wood TV 8
- Fox 17
- WION (1430 AM)
- Also on Facebook
Parish policy states that if school is closed due to weather, the entire St. Patrick campus is closed and Masses are cancelled.